Date:      Wed, 6 Mar 2002 18:20:08 -0500
From:      Michael Lucas <mwlucas@blackhelicopters.org>
To:        Ceri <setantae@submonkey.net>, doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: junior -doc hacker task #832

Folks,

Just as a reference; if you're going to claim one of these tasks,
please do so on -doc.  I got *four* private responses back on this,
plus Ceri's here.

Suppose all five of you guys did the work?  Only one of you would have
your work committed.  Those of you who did the work would feel
(rightfully) resentful because we ignored your work.  Those of us who
are committers would have the headache of choosing one of the five,
when this is an excellent example of just needing something Good
Enough.

The proper place to coordinate work really is -doc.  I'm not assigning
tasks, I'm not coordinating tasks, I'm not the Doc Proj Manager; I'm
just a guy who keeps turning over rocks and finding these things.  (I
could do the work, mind you; this sort of thing is what I do for a
living.  But I don't have the time, and Nik is our "manager.")

If you're truly interested in this job, or any other junior -doc
hacker task, please fight over it in public so Bruce, Murray, and
others can also sit back and enjoy the fun.  Heck, jhb is a -doc
committer, he'd probably enjoy watching someone else argue for a
change. (insert *really* big figlet smilie here.)

==ml

--
Michael Lucas		mwlucas@FreeBSD.org, mwlucas@BlackHelicopters.org
my FreeBSD column: http://www.oreillynet.com/pub/q/Big_Scary_Daemons