Date:      Wed, 16 Sep 2009 13:53:34 +0200
From:      Koen Martens <gmc@sonologic.nl>
To:        Jack Raats <jack@jarasoft.net>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Apache-1.3.41_1 problem

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 07:19:45AM +0200, Jack Raats wrote:
> This morning Apache didn't start after apachectl stop and apachectl start.
>
> apachectl configtest does not show any error. (I didn't change the config)
>
> It gave a httpd.core dump in /
>
> The logfiles didn't show anything abnormal.
>
> Reinstalling apache also didnot solve the problem.
>
> Hashing out libexec/apache/mod_unique_id.so and mod_unique_id.c (suggested in an early post (google) also did not work).
>
> Can anyone help me, give me any clue to look for?

I've seen this happening when running apache on a partially upgraded system. That is, with
an upgraded world, but some ports still compiled against a previous world. It's a bit cumbersome,
but reinstalling all ports (or upgrading them in whatever way you use to upgrade ports) might
fix your problem (did it for me, back when i didn't upgrade all ports after upgrading world).

Gr,

Koen