Date:      Tue, 20 Apr 1999 11:41:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Jim Cassata <jim@web-ex.com>
To:        Thomas Uhrfelt <thomas.uhrfelt@plymovent.se>
Cc:        "'freebsd-net@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-net@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: mail redirection

Is the FreeBSD box connecting via a modem?  Why not put user accounts on
the FreeBSD server only?  You have to manage user accounts somewhere, why
not on your box and not ISP?  You can have user accounts and mailboxes
with no home directories or telnet or ftp access (what I do for POP3)

enough of my questions... on to yours.

If I understand your question, you may want to set the freebsd box up as
primary mailhost for your domain through DNS, with the other mail server
acting as secondary, spooling incoming mail until your box connects and is
sent the mail.  If your primary is offline (eg the modem isn't dialled up)
mail will collect on the secondary.

Jim Cassata

516.421.6000
jim@web-ex.com