Date:      Thu, 13 Nov 1997 02:27:13 -0500
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@glue.umd.edu>
To:        John Gather <jpgather@acsu.buffalo.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Tekram DC-390

>Can anyone on this list tell me if the Tekram scsi controllers
>DC-390, DC-390F and DC390U have driver support for
>FreeBSD?
>I don't see them listed under 'supported configurations' adapter
>cards, but Tekram technical service says that there are drivers
>for FreeBSD!  These controllers seem to have excellent price/value
>relation.  Please let me know  your opinion on this.  Thanks,
>
>John Gather

I paid around $150 for my DC 390F (Ultra & Wide ie 40MHz/40MBytes/sec) and
it is symbios 53c875 based.  Look at www.uvision.com for a pretty good
price. (they are cheaper now)  It Just Works (TM) under Window 95 and
FreeBSD.  NOTE however that if you want to take full advantage of the
hardware you will have to use somthing after 2.2.2 RELEASE since that
version doesn't do more than 20MBytes/sec (I hear the current does better,
but I haven't personally verified it)

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@eng.umd.edu