Date:      Wed, 15 May 2013 10:54:54 -0700
From:      pete wright <nomadlogic@gmail.com>
To:        Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com>
Cc:        User Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Status of Chromium port...

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 9:01 AM, Volodymyr Kostyrko <c.kworr@gmail.com> wrote:
> 15.05.2013 18:29, J. Porter Clark:
>
>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 11:32:31AM +0300, Volodymyr Kostyrko wrote:
>>>
>>> 14.05.2013 23:48, Peter Harrison:

>>> I'm building v27 from port now. Looks like many things have changed
>>> since v25 - new dependencies, the build flows differently. Seems to
>>> be a major update.
>>

>> Indeed, seems a real mess now.  I told it not to use
>> pulseaudio, it wants to install it anyway, along with gdbm and
>> accessibility/speech-dispatcher.  WTF?  Might want to hold off
>> until some of this gets fixed...
>>

> Oh, a friendly soul. To ditch pulseaudio I told speech-dispatcher to use
> flite, this way we get really short list of extra deps.
>
> I can't build port for now due too -Werror. Clang shrieks about really bad
> things when compiling gcrypt (warning about deprecated interfaces) whereas
> gcc4.6 says the same about gssapi.h.

It looks like I was able to build this version of chromium last night
on my build server I use for pkgng packages:

> pkg info chromium
chromium-27.0.1453.81          Mostly BSD-licensed web browser based
on WebKit and Gtk+

I am running this build now (to compose this email actually) - i can
try to dig up some build logs if that would be helpful.  i don't have
any special build arguments for this port.  here's the uname for this
build box:

[pete@ranch ~]$ uname -ar
FreeBSD ranch.nomadlogic.org 9.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 9.1-RELEASE #0
r243825: Tue Dec  4 09:23:10 UTC 2012
root@farrell.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC  amd64

-pete

--