Date:      Thu, 14 Mar 2002 23:23:40 -0500
From:      Lee Nelson <jld123@pobox.com>
To:        "freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG" <freebsd-hardware@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Tyan K7 Thunder - LPC bus & Health Monitoring

Hello,

  I was wondering if anyone out there knows what the state of
development is for the AMD 766 Southbridge and the LPC Bus.

  The Tyan K7 Thunder MB in the server we just purchased has
a winbond W83627HF monitoring chip connected to the LPC bus
coming off the AMD 766.

  If it's not too much of a stretch, we may be able to write
a driver for it - we would REALLY like to be able to monitor
CPU temp and fan speeds remotely.

  Any information would be appreciated, especially suggestions
on where something like this might fit into the kernel.

  Thank you,

    Lee Nelson
    Naxos Technology