Date:      Fri, 08 Sep 1995 10:59:57 -0600
From:      Steve Passe <smp@csn.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        pw@lysator.liu.se

Hi,

>A) Using a serial mouse for X, the pointer jitters all over the place.
>   Is anybody likely to fix the serial driver? Friends tell me the FreeBSD
>   serial driver is known to be buggy, which seems to me to be quite big a
>   problem for an operating system?

i don't think this is the problem of the serial driver.  the closest i can
blue-sky to blaming it would be a combination of slow uart (xx450), a
slow machine (80386, small memory) and a very high-res mouse that
puts out alot of "ticks-per-inch".  this might cuase an INTerrupt
load that would cause a little jitter, but having said that, I have
never seen this problem on any of a dozen FreeBSD/X machines i have
setup.

has anyone seen an X tool for adjusting the sensitivity of a mouse.
xset allows you to multiply the effect, but not decrease it, this
might be what this person needs.

--
Steve Passe	| powered by
smp@csn.net	|            FreeBSD