Date:      Tue, 07 Aug 2001 18:18:35 -0700
From:      Darryl Okahata <darrylo@soco.agilent.com>
To:        Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Watching DVD's in -stable

Thierry Herbelot <thierry@herbelot.com> wrote:

> how does one "install" XVideo ?
>
> multi% xvinfo
> X-Video Extension version 2.2
> screen #0
>  no adaptors present

     I think it's either present, or it's not (if present, it's part of
the X11 driver that you're using).  In your case, it doesn't exist.

     You might be able to get it by switching to another X11 driver
(i.e, if you're currently using the SVGA driver, which is unlikely).

> (this is with XFree86-4.1.0_4, on a recent 4.3-Stable, BUT with a TNT-2)
> (I may try to resinstall XFree86-4.0.3_x to see if XVideo is better
> supported there ...)

     I think that, if it's not in 4.1.0, it's probably not in 4.0.3,
either.  You might want to try 3.3.6.

--
	Darryl Okahata
	darrylo@soco.agilent.com