Date:      Wed, 18 May 2005 07:32:13 +1000
From:      Graham Menhennitt <gmenhennitt@optusnet.com.au>
To:        Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy@optushome.com.au>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: pkg question...

Peter Jeremy wrote:

>On Tue, 2005-May-17 22:19:05 +1000, Graham Menhennitt wrote:
>

>>Yann Golanski wrote:
>>

>>>Is there a way to remove a package and the dependencies that only said
>>>package uses?
>>>

>>ports -> sysutils/pkg_rmleaves
>>

>That is an interactive script that lets you delete all packages that
>aren't required by other packages.  You still need some way to work
>out what dependencies were installed by the first package.

But I think it can be made to do what Yann wants. You can pkg_delete the
original package/port (A as he described it). Then run pkg_rmleaves
(possibly more than once) and it will delete B and D, but keep C because
it's not a leaf. If you have any leaf packages that you don't want to
delete, you need to be careful of those. Perhaps run pkg_rmleaves before
deleting A and note any pre-existing leaves.

Graham