Date:      Wed, 28 Aug 2002 20:55:03 -0700
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert2@mindspring.com>
To:        Julien Benoist <julienbenoist@altern.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: toggling promiscuous mode logging on NICs

Julien Benoist wrote:
> This is a patch allowing to control kernel logging of promiscuous mode changes
> on network interfaces through sysctl (enabled by default) :
>         kern.log_promisc=1
>
> I dont know if this mib should be placed somewhere else, nor if the feature
> itself could interest anyone... Patch attached anyway.

In a general sense, it's probably abut time to add a class
parameter or two (one a bitmap, the other a bitmap within that
bitmap) to all of the kernel display data.

That would let you block all messages of a class, without the
need to introduce per-printf sysctl's.

This sort of goes with PHK's idea that the console code needs
a rethink.

-- Terry