Date:      Wed, 10 Nov 1999 03:53:22 -0800
From:      Simon Marlow <simonmar@microsoft.com>
To:        "'freebsd-ports@freebsd.org'" <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ETA for ports/13786?

I submitted ports/13786 (a new port for GHC 4.04) about 6 weeks ago.  So far
I've had no response, and it hasn't been added to the ports tree.

I'm just wondering whether this is due to

   (a) the ports team is maxed out and hasn't got around
       to it yet, in which case that's fine and I'm sorry
       for bugging you, or

   (b) someone tried it and it didn't work properly for them,
       in which case I'd like to help out, or

   (c) what is this Haskell stuff anyway, and does anyone use it
       and why should we add another half an hour of compile time
       to our ports tree, in which case let's discuss it :)

Added incentive: you can close *two* PRs by adding this port, there's also
an obsolete one for an earlier version of GHC :)

Cheers,
	Simon