Date:      Sun, 14 Apr 2002 08:27:09 -0500
From:      Mark A.Hummel <mhumm2@mchsi.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   KDM Configuration Question (Replace XDM???)

Hi,

I've been sent to, read, printed, and studied the handbook and fbsd FAQs
about booting to XDM.  The advice to "... just read that and do what it says
but replace xdm with kdm." doesn't work!  It's very much appreciated, but
again, I couldn't get it to work.  All I get (with xdm) is an xterm login
loop.

My goal is to boot my system to a KDE login screen.  I understand to do that,
I should use kdm which I've found.  When I just run kdm from the console I
get the following error message:

Cannot open access control file /usr/local/share/config/kdm/Xaccess, no XDMCP
requests will be granted.

I think I have to configure kdm or at least replace xdm with it, but how do I
do that?

Mark