Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2001 18:18:23 -0600
From:      rand@meridian-enviro.com
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Cc:        bryanh@meridian-enviro.com
Subject:   3ware problems

We are having an interesting problem with a new 3ware (Escalade 6400)
controller. We have 4 75GB IBM DTLA disks configured in a RAID 1+0
array.

Our problem is with MySQL: It will eventually just stop with a state
of 'getblk'. The entire /var/db/mysql filesystem becomes
stuck, any attempts of doing any operations to the /var/db/mysql
filesystem simply hang.

The rest of the system works perfectly, even after mysqld becomes
stuck. A reboot will always complain that it can't flush a buffer, but
the system comes back up and things work fine for a while, until it
happens again.

We have a handfull of fairly large (10 to 30 million rows) tables and
can reliably reproduce the problem by inserting 30 million rows into a
table. It does not always hang at the same time, and it usually takes
a few hours of operation to get stuck.

Does anybody have any ideas for us?