Date:      Wed, 12 Mar 2003 12:12:41 +0100
From:      "Markus.Schanovsky" <m.schanovsky@m56ssr.wien.at>
To:        dwcjr@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: samba-2.2.7a

Hello!
Sorry for annoying You - but I need an answer to one question. Please
comfort me!

As often as I compile Samba 2.2.7a (from the FreeBSD-Ports and also from
the original-source) on a FreeBSD 4.7 or a FreeBSD 5.0-System I run into an
compile-error.

There is a problem in nsswitch/pam_winbind.c - variables
PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVER_ERR and PAM_AUTHTOK_RECOVERY_ERR are not defined.

Is winbindd not able to be compiled under FreeBSD?
I need winbindd, because I want to set up new servers in my institute to
get the user-authentications from a Windows NT 4-Domain.

When I try to "correct" the problem - I really don't know what I am doing
:-) - and define the variables the compiling-process runs successfully.
Winbindd can be started, but wbinfo can not ping it.

Is there a possible solution for FreeBSD?

With best regards  from Vienna
Markus Schanovsky