Date:      Wed, 24 Apr 1996 12:52:50 -0600
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@ki.net>
Cc:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 9 makes + 1 caused panic...

> 	Just want to verify that this to is a  hardware problem vs
> a software one.

[ Panic stuff deleted ]

> 	And, of course, no core dump :(

Just as a data point, I'm messing with adding PCCARD support to some of
our device drivers in -stable.  I've gotten some really old patches I'm
trying to apply, but the driver has changed alot, so I'm getting
(expected) kernel panics.  On my laptop, if DDB isn't configured I don't
get a core dump because of WD DRQ() request timeout, but with DDB
configured and multiple 'panic''panic' messages, I get a core dump
written.  However, savecore won't recognize it unless I boot from the
same kernel that generated it.

Suffice it to say that with a -stable machine as of this morning
(including David's pmap.c patch) I'm getting a core dump.

Machine is a P/75 laptop
24MB memory
810 MB IDE disk
PS/2 mouse