Date:      Wed, 4 Sep 1996 21:43:43 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        gpalmer@FreeBSD.org (Gary Palmer)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, jkh@time.cdrom.com, rkw@dataplex.net, current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Latest Current build failure

> Terry Lambert wrote in message ID
> <199609050232.TAA07941@phaeton.artisoft.com>:
> > That's sort of the point of having discussions in the first place: to
> > ask "what is the policy?" and keep asking until we get an answer other
> > than "there is none".
>
> Requirements:
>
> 1) it works
>
> 2) it keeps people happy, or even better, happier than they are now.
>
> 3) it eliminates futile debating of niggling details in public.

1)	Subjective

2)	Also subjective, and prone to measurement bias: happy people do
	not complain, ipso facto it is impossible to measure the
	"net happiness" a change will cause.

3)	Any soloution implemented with the consent of the discussion
	participants meets this criteria.  Do you grant your consent?

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.