Date:      Thu, 10 Apr 2008 08:09:53 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Peter Ulrich Kruppa <ulrich@pukruppa.net>
To:        Jacob Maynard <Jacob.Maynard@citrix.com>
Cc:        Dale <daledorman1@earthlink.net>, freebsd-java@freebsd.org
Subject:   RE: java in FreeBSD 7.0

On Thu, 10 Apr 2008, Jacob Maynard wrote:

> Peter,
>
> I am actually trying to install the JDK16 port in 7.0 -CURRENT.
                                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^

> installed the base OS about a week ago. I have installed
> diablo-jdk1.5.0_07 and now during the install process of JDK16 I get an
> error message stating that the libjvm.so file was truncated. I am
> pasting in the error messages below. I installed this on another 7.0
> -CURRENT system I have with no problems. I appreciate any insight you
> can provide here.
Sorry, I am a bit confused now. From your first message I got the
impression, there might be something wrong with your ports tree,
because you wrote about missing old packages.
I can't see anything like that in your error messages.

Perhaps we hould start from the beginning and you tell us your
correct OS version and processor architecture you are using.
Typing
 	# uname -a
might be helpful.

Where did you get your ports tree - from RELEASE CD or
cvsup/portsnap ?
Do you use some kind of portmanager (portupgrade/portmaster)?

You say you have got diablo-jdk installed, so
 	# java -version
should say something useful, too.

Greetings,

Uli.