Date:      Sun, 29 Dec 2002 22:19:08 -0700
From:      Thomas Connolly <tconnolly@electrosoftsolutions.com>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   dns

Hello all.  I have a freebsd box I'm using as a router for my subnet.  I =
have=20
this freebsd router doing nat and dhcp assinging internal ip addresses fo=
r=20
the computers on the network (i.e. 192.168.x.x).  This box is also a web=20
server for a registered domain name.  My probelm is that when someone wan=
ts=20
to connect to my web site the dns gives them the internal ip of the FreeB=
SD=20
box and not the external ip of the router.  Can someone tell me how I get=
 the=20
FreeBSD's dns to point to the external ip address for my doimain?  Thanks=
=20
much.

Sorry, this is more of a dns question than a FreeBSD one but the people w=
ho=20
have helped me with other problems in the past were vastly experienced wi=
th=20
this sort of thing so I thought this was my best chance of finding a=20
solution.  If any of you feel that this is not an appropriate question fo=
r=20
this list, can you please guide me to a forum or list that would be more=20
appropriate?

Thanks in advance
--=20
Thomas Connolly