Date:      Mon, 15 Feb 1999 19:33:38 -0500
From:      Malartre <malartre@aei.ca>
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   School server: boot.flp wont install, weird ftp problem.

Ok, I try to install FreeBSD on an old 486 IBM Aptiva with 24 meg of ram
and a 3com 3c509b Ethernet card at school. Note that I disabled pnp on
the Ethernet card.
Ok, boot.flp (old from one month, 2.2.8-RELEASE) boot perfectly on the
computer (with a visual config of the kernel).
I now try to install 2.2.8-RELEASE through FTP (passive mode, through a
firewall) and configure the ethernet. I was able to contact the host,
but not to establish the connection... I tryed ftp.freebsd.org,
ftp.ca.freebsd.org and some other mirrors. On another computer, I logged
succesfully to ftp.freebsd.org with netscape.
1) Is it my school who block me (the firewall?)
2) Is it boot.flp who is to old?
3) What else could it be? They also use proxy.
Has my teacher is now thinking to remove the computer from me, and move
the project to the central NT computer, I need to complete that install
soon! ;-)
Thank You
--
[Malartre][malartre@aei.ca][French piss me off - Cartman, South Park]