Date:      Sun, 28 Dec 2003 18:00:31 +0100
From:      Harald Schmalzbauer <h@schmalzbauer.de>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.2RC heavily crashed by kaudiokreator

--Boundary-02=_1ww7/kghx1Q8vWg

Hi all,

I have a strange but reproducable problem with 5.2RC. With the first start =
of=20
kaudiokreator (a simple kde cdda ripper/encoder which uses kde builtin cd=20
routines afaik, no cdparanoia) everything is working fine.
But when I restart the application (so it ran before) and select "refresh c=
d=20
contents" the machine reboots after a few seconds of total freeze (neither=
=20
the CAPS lock nor mouse etc is working).
This is absolutely reproducable.

I don't get the kernel debuger although I compiled my kernel with the optio=
ns:
makeoptions     DEBUG=3D-g                #Build kernel with gdb(1) debug
options         DDB

How can I get an idea where the problem could be?

And while I'm here I'd like to emhasize once again that hw.ata.atapi_dma is=
=20
not working. Although the sysctl reports it to be 1, "atacontrol mode" and=
=20
also dmesg while booting telling me that it's POI4.
After "atacontrol mode 1 udma33 udma33" it's reported to be udma33.
So the line hw.ata.atapi_dma=3D"1" in /boot/loader.conf is useless (I have=
=20
checked that when I abort autoboot it really is set before booting)
I posted this several times but never got an answer. Perhaps this should be=
=20
solved for 5.2-RELESE

Thanks,

=2DHarry