Date:      Tue, 24 Jul 2007 21:15:57 -0700
From:      Predrag Punosevac <punosevac@math.arizona.edu>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: powerdot

Nikola Lecic wrote:

> Nobody thinks that TeXLive shouldn't be ported :) What do you mean by
> "light version"?

One of original arguments for not porting TeXLive was that the program
is simply to big
(over 1Gb). Having downloaded TeXLive (binaries only) on several
occasions for my friends over DSL I can confess that that is really the
case (at least 3 hours for binaries over 1.5Mps DSL connection) .
I purpose that the program be ported in the style of Gnome. Light strip
down version which would
be the minimal fully functional configuration,
"full" (English language) version with all bells, and then another port
with the support for different languages, another port Music part of the
TeXLive etc. The idea of dividing the port is just initial and should be
more carefully considered by the people who know more about various
aspects of TeX that I do not use.
Sincerely,
Predrag Punosevac