Date:      Tue, 25 Jul 2000 18:16:00 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Trevor Johnson <trevor@jpj.net>
To:        SADA Kenji <sada@bsdclub.org>
Cc:        girgen@partitur.se, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG, obrien@NUXI.com, lioux@uol.com.br, asami@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Kill Netscape us ports and version 4.08. (was Re: Netscapebrowsers us versions avail. abroad)

> Then Vanilla has removed netscape4's RESTRICTED tag at Jan 26 09:56:31 1998
> with jkh's approval.

Great--I'm trying to find out who to ask at Netscape about whether there
will be future "export" versions, and whether our users may apply the
binary patch against the recently reported "JPEG COM Marker Processing
Vulnerability" which they silently fixed in 4.74.  If we can't get that
permission I'd feel kind of silly telling folks not to load up any JPEGs,
so it'd be best to just deep-six the "export" ports.
--
Trevor Johnson
http://jpj.net/~trevor/gpgkey.txt