Date:      Mon, 31 May 2004 17:51:56 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Don <kindredmnementh@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Don't know what else to do with DHCP...help??

Yes...what I did was completely delete the hostname
line from my /etc/rc.conf and had my
inconfig_sk0="DHCP"

though this does seem somewhat problematic...every now
and then I will boot up and it won't work...then I
just reboot and all of a sudden it works *shrug*

I fogured out what was wrong with starting X and you
will probably have the same problem when you delete
your hostname line from your rc.conf

I googled it and found that a way to fix this problem
isto simply delete the old .Xauthority file....I did
that and now have my network and X back = D ....there
may be (and probably is) a better way to accomplish
this but this was just one way I found to get it to
work...if someone has a better suggestion on how to do
this I would be more than happy to hear about it = )

Thanks for all your help and good luck with getting
your network to work at boot = )

Don