Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 09:07:36 +0300 (EET DST)
From:      "Bror 'Count' Heinola" <count@key.hole.fi>
To:        gea@masternet.it (Beck Peccoz Amedeo)
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: optical fiber PCI Ethernet adapter

Beck Peccoz Amedeo taisi sanoa:

> I'm looking for a supported pci ethernet card with optical fiber
> connectors. Has anyone ever used one? I know Allied Telesys makes
> one (model 17xx), are there drivers for FreeBSD?

	The AT-1700 series cards are ISA cards, supported by fe driver.
	I have one on this box, works quite nicely.

	Allied Telesyn AT-2560TX is a 10/100Mbit PCI adapter, it works
	with fxp driver but there are some mysterious problems with
	high amount of input errors. I don't remember if there's also
	a fiber version of that PCI card, but I suppose that their
	web pages (at http://www.alliedtelesyn.com/) would tell that to
	you.

--
Bror 'Count' Heinola	% count@key.hole.fi	% http://pobox.com/~count/
Pengerkatu 13b A5	% IRC: Count NIC: BH271	%