Date:      Tue, 1 Oct 2002 11:52:10 -0400
From:      Bosko Milekic <bmilekic@unixdaemons.com>
To:        Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org>
Cc:        FreeBSD current users <current@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: lightweight interrupt threads

On Mon, Sep 30, 2002 at 10:26:15PM -0700, Julian Elischer wrote:

> I was talking to someone about lightweight interrupt threads
> and interactions with KSEs and specifically about
> KSE borrowing..
>
> Believe it or not, I can't remember who it was..
> if it was you, let me know :-)
>
> Julian

  It was me and I do have a p4 branch that is very outdated that
  implements lightweight interrupt threads on i386.  If I were to take
  another stab at it, I would use that branch as reference and start
  from a clean tree.

  I'm fairly familiar with the implementation requirements and have
  gotten it working before; perhaps I'll take another stab at it soon.
  However, I'm fairly involved at school these days and so I don't know
  if I'll have the time and patience to deal with FreeBSD overhead at
  this very moment.  However, if FreeBSD thinks that they are
  psychologically prepared to accept lightweight interrupt threads now
  so that if I *do* do the work, I won't have to deal with people who
  will be objecting to it then and there, then I will work hard to set
  time aside to do at the very least the bulk of the work.  So please
  talk amongst yourselves and decide what you want and then let me know,
  as I have no time for 'involved' discussions of this magnitude
  right now (maybe you guys will decide to keep it a 6.0 feature?).

--
Bosko Milekic * bmilekic@unixdaemons.com * bmilekic@FreeBSD.org