Date:      Mon, 16 Dec 1996 06:46:20 -0500 (EST)
From:      Peter Dufault <dufault@hda.com>
To:        chuckr@Glue.umd.edu (Chuck Robey)
Cc:        michaelh@cet.co.jp, smp@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: General SMP Design

> I thought the URL you posted above was the thesis (which I'd already
> downloaded and read) but what you gave is an expanded form of it, so I
> have to study it and see if maybe the TSM concept is explained more fully.
> Thanks.

A question for those who know the Intel SMP system:

I was looking at the work at UNC that Bakul pointed out.  Some
of the work assumes that a lower priority process will never complete
before a higher priority process leading to uniprocessor restrictions.

Is there an efficient way to have a priority on the processor pool
to permit only a single process at priority N (and as many that want to
at a higher priority) to run?  This would not be going on in general,
but only during the DWCAS/READ operations.

Peter

--
Peter Dufault (dufault@hda.com)   Real-Time Machine Control and Simulation
HD Associates, Inc.               Voice: 508 433 6936