Date:      Mon, 13 May 2002 19:39:21 -0700
From:      Cy Schubert - CITS Open Systems Group <Cy.Schubert@uumail.gov.bc.ca>
To:        rodrigobaroni@yahoo.com.br
Cc:        freebsd-arch@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD design and concepts

Cheers,                          Phone:  250-387-8437
Cy Schubert                        Fax:  250-387-5766
Team Leader, Sun/Alpha Team      Email:  Cy.Schubert@osg.gov.bc.ca
Open Systems Group, CITS
Ministry of Management Services
Province of BC            =

                    FreeBSD UNIX:  cy@FreeBSD.org

In message <20020510010540.77293.qmail@web11107.mail.yahoo.com>, =

"=3D?iso-8859-1?
q?Rodrigo=3D20F.=3D20Baroni?=3D" writes:
> Hello all
> =

> =

> =

> I=B4m a computer science student, and I=B4m doing a
> project about FreeBSD, could someone tell me where I
> can find docs about design, concepts and
> implementation about FreeBSD ?!
> =

> =

> Thanks so very

In addition to the other suggestions, Kirk McKusick's book entitled The =

Design and Implementation of the 4.4BSD Operating System is also a good =

place to get some valuable information.  The information in the book is =

dated but it will give you a good enough overview before you dive into =

the source code to really see what is going on.