Date:      Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:21:55 +0530
From:      "Sunil Sunder Raj" <unixtools@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-isp@freebsd.org
Subject:   sbfs 4gb file limit

Hi,
I was using smbfs on one of our Unix servers to mount a 800 GB raid of a
win2k server with NTFS partition. Mounting seems to be great, but when I try
to copy a 18GB file from the unix server to the windows server, strangely
after 4GB  it gives time out. Is there any fix for this.

The command I am using
-----------------------------------
# mount_smbfs //BACKUP_SHARE_USER@terabyte1/home5 /home5
terabyte1 is my win2k server with netbios enabled.

Uname output on my unix server
FreeBSD backupbrain 4.6-RELEASE FreeBSD 4.6-RELEASE #0: Tue Jun 11 06:14:12
GMT 2002     murray@builder.freebsdmall.com:/usr/src/sys/compile/GENERIC
i386

I any patch available to fix this problem.

Regards
SSR

Contact brides & grooms FREE! http://www.shaadi.com/ptnr.php?ptnr=hmltag
Only on www.shaadi.com. Register now!