Date:      Fri, 26 Nov 1999 13:34:53 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Rodney W. Grimes" <freebsd@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net>
To:        freebsd@sasknow.com (Ryan Thompson)
Cc:        freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: adduser.conf/adduser.message?

> Have /etc/adduser.conf and /etc/adduser.message been removed since 3.2?
> I'm working off of 3.3-19991124-STABLE, and the files are not present.
> They DO exist on my older 3.2 system, though.  (Couldn't find them in
> /usr/src, either).

The are created on a system the first time you run adduser, until you
run it at least once and tell it to save the configuration these files
won't exist.  /etc/adduser.message may or may not be created depending
on how you answer questions the first time you run adduser.

You can read the source to adduser, ``more /usr/sbin/adduser'', it's
just a perl script...

--
Rod Grimes - KD7CAX @ CN85sl - (RWG25)               rgrimes@gndrsh.dnsmgr.net