Date:      Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:23:37 -0800
From:      Dave Hayes <dave@jetcafe.org>
To:        Alfred Perlstein <bright@cygnus.rush.net>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Quake2 and UDP recvspace

Alfred Perlstein <bright@cygnus.rush.net> writes:
> 0.01%
> Is that acceptable packet loss?

Well, yes. However most of that is at high player load. Anything
I can do to help things out...

> basically, 0.01% of the time the quake server doesn't recv()
> fast enough and drops some packets.

Hm.

> i would suggest not worrying about it.

This may be the ticket. :)
------
Dave Hayes - Consultant - Altadena CA, USA - dave@jetcafe.org
Keep Usenet Free -  http://www.jetcafe.org/~dave/usenet

"Make no laws whatever concerning speech and, speech will be free; so
soon as you make a declaration on paper that speech shall be free, you
will have a hundred lawyers proving that "freedom does not mean abuse,
nor liberty license;" and they will define and define freedom out of
existence."                          - Voltarine de Cleyre (1866-1912)