Date:      Thu, 16 Oct 2003 11:32:39 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Brent Bailey" <misterb@bmyster.com>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: updating system help ??!!??

>The latter, not the former.
>You want to be running the *new* kernel before starting the system
>install.

what do yoyu mean ????
are you saying i have to recompile the kernel befor i start the system
install ?? there already is a custom kernel built ...

# cd /usr/src/sys/i386/conf
# /usr/sbin/config YOURKERNEL
# cd ../../compile/YOURKERNEL
# make clean
# make depend
# make
# make install

sorry about asking this over an over but...im a little confused