Date:      Wed, 28 Jan 2004 02:18:06 -0500 (EST)
From:      John Wehle <john@feith.com>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD 4.9 Hauppauge PVR-250 / 350 Driver Patch (Jan 25, 2004)

> So, how much data is available on the chips used on this card?

For the MPEG encoder / decoder ... hardly anything.  I've been using
the information compiled by The IvyTV Project (ivtv.sourceforge.net).

Information on the rest of the chips (i.e. audio decoder, video decoder,
etc.) seems to be readily available.

> is there enough info (for example) to support the decoder and enable
> the s-video out?

There seems to be.

My primary interest is in supporting the encoder.  Currently there
are other ways of getting s-video out using mplayer and the appropriate
video card running X11.  I might take a look at the decoder down the
road (though my card is a PVR-250 which doesn't have s-video out) if
I'm bored. :-)

-- John
|   Feith Systems  |   Voice: 1-215-646-8000  |  Email: john@feith.com  |
|    John Wehle    |     Fax: 1-215-540-5495  |                         |