Date:      Tue, 25 Dec 2001 12:11:13 +0100
From:      Julio Merino <juli@merino.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portupgrade and XFree86-4

--LZvS9be/3tNcYl/X

Hi all

I've installed XFree86 4.1 from the x11/XFree86-4 port. I've started
playing with portupgrade, and wow! it is wonderful! :)

But there is something that annoys me. Everytime I do a portinstall
of a port that depends on X, it registers dependancies to imake and
XFree86-4-libraries. Then, I've to run 'pkgdb -F' to correct these
dependancies by hand, and I make them to point to XFree86-4.

Is it there any way to do this automagically?

Thanks!

--=20
La ignorancia es la felicidad.

Julio Merino (Slink) <juli@merino.net>