Date:      Thu, 8 Apr 2021 01:27:20 -0400
From:      Jim Trigg <jktrigg@gmail.com>
To:        "ports@FreeBSD.org Ports" <ports@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   Portsbase and maildir

I am going to submit that PORTSBASE should be something other than
/usr/local/. My current preference (though not solid) is /ports/. I
would like to reclaim /usr/local for true local (site-based, not
distribution-based) things. (Example: local [site-based] scripts in
/usr/local/s?bin/.)

On a related note, I would like to see maildirmake separated out as a
port of its own on which ports supporting Maildir depend. That way we
avoid clunkiness like "/usr/local/bin/maildrop-maildirmake". (The first
point most recently evidenced itself as "where do I put a symbolic link
to maildrop-maildirmake called maildirmake?".)

Thanks,
Jim Trigg