Date:      Mon, 22 Dec 2014 16:11:11 +0000
From:      Matthew Seaman <matthew@FreeBSD.org>
To:        freebsd-pkg@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sqlite error while executing DROP INDEX

--NhJ6wMiQBhXiN0W0cKwUEfKJb2p8FIwUC

On 22/12/2014 15:17, Roger Marquis wrote:
> Can all of these records can be safely deleted, all of the pkg-configs,=

> or should the delete be limited to pkg-config|7714?  Also curious about=

> the significance of the package_id field and how n+1 records were writt=
en
> in the first place.  I trust someone has filed one or more bugzillas as=

> it appears pkg should be checking for dupes on at least two dimensions.=

Glad to hear that you've got the problem sorted now.  As I recall the
switch between devel/pkg-config and devel/pkgconf was over two years
ago, and there were some UPDATING instructions that should have been
followed at the time:

20120726:
  AFFECTS: users of devel/pkg-config
  AUTHOR: bapt@FreeBSD.org

  devel/pkg-config has been replaced by devel/pkgconf

  # portmaster -o devel/pkgconf devel/pkg-config
    or
  # portupgrade -fo devel/pkgconf pkg-config-\*

  pkgng:
  # pkg set -o devel/pkg-config:devel/pkgconf
  # pkg install -f devel/pkgconf

There's been a lot of changes in both ports and pkg since then, but I
think not doing the above in 2012 and the subsequent changes to pkg(8)
culminating in the latest schema changes in 1.4.0 explain what you've see=
n.

> Forensics is also hampered by the lack of a date field, ideally
> reflecting the package's install date (with epoch/unix timestamp
> precision).  Consider this a feature request.

There is a date field, but it's in the packages table. Try:

SELECT id, origin, name, version, time FROM PACKAGES WHERE name LIKE
'pkgconf%' ;

time is given as a unix epoch time which you can convert to something
more understandable like so:

% date -j -r 1411539887
Wed Sep 24 07:24:47 BST 2014

	Cheers,