Date:      Thu, 15 Feb 1996 05:31:31 +1100
From:      Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>
To:        bde@zeta.org.au, jgreco@brasil.moneng.mei.com
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG, isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Driver for Hayes ESP cards..

>Question:  I expect the answer is "no" (I'll look at the sources shortly),
>but do the changes actually use the ESP card in the ESP mode, or just in
>16550-sorta-compat mode?  I'd be delighted to hear "yes"  :-)

It's supposed to give only 16550 compatibility mode with a 1K fifo.  I
think the large fifo got lost in porting.
(FIFO_DMA_MODE | ... | FIFO_RX_MEDH) gets uselessly (?) written to the
fifo control register but com->fifo_image doesn't get initialized to
match; it is initialized later with different values.  I can't test
this.

Bruce