Date:      Sat, 3 Jun 2000 02:00:57 -0400
From:      Mark Abene <phiber@radicalmedia.com>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   vn driver broken?

I'm having an odd problem with the vnode (vn) driver.  It's built as a module
by default.  I'm running 4.0-RELEASE.  I want to mount and work with msdos
floppy image files.  I do:

vnconfig vn0c dosboot.flp
mount -tmsdos /dev/vn0c /mnt

This works fine, and kldstat show that the vn.ko module gets loaded.
However, trying to read or write anything greater than exactly 1024 bytes
results in the error "Argument list too long" and fails.
What's the deal?  Can anyone else verify this problem?

Thanks,
-Mark