Date:      Thu, 13 Mar 2003 12:43:02 +0100 (CET)
From:      Rasmus Skaarup <mfbsd@skaarup.org>
To:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   hp rx2600 installation

Hello,

I'm having difficulties installing 5.0-RELEASE on a HP rx2600 i recently
borrowed. When booting from the CD-ROM I created from the ISO-file I
correctly downloaded from

ftp://ftp.dk.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/ia64/ISO-IMAGES/5.0-RELEASE

It loads the kernel fine, but when the 10 seconds run out (or I press
enter) the machine just reboots, and the system LED turns red for a couple
of seconds, and the machine starts up in the boot menu.

Does anyone have any pointers or how-tos? I've searched the webpages, but
some of the vital sections are still missing :-)

Thank you.

Best regards,
Rasmus Skaarup