Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 1999 08:02:33 +0900
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@newsguy.com>
To:        Mike Smith <msmith@FreeBSD.ORG>
Cc:        John Polstra <jdp@polstra.com>, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Questions about the various /boot/loader scripts

Mike Smith wrote:

> Hmm.  The "right" answer would appear to be in a 'loader.rc.local', but
> that's obviously not implemented at this point.  The loader.rc file isn't
> typically overwritten after installation, so either inserting it there or
> sourcing another file at that point would be the cleanest way.

I should have mentioned this in my previous reply. /boot/loader.rc is
not overwritten by source upgrades, but it is overwritten by binary
upgrades.

> As David mentioned, Ficl isn't up and running on the Alpha yet.  Daniel
> Sobral was working on integrating a new version of Ficl which is meant to
> be 64-bit clean.

It's supposed to be ready. Testmain runs. Debugging the loader to find
out why it doesn't has proven to be difficult...

--
Daniel C. Sobral			(8-DCS)
who is as social as a wampas

dcs@newsguy.com