Date:      Wed, 5 Jun 2002 16:44:55 -0600
From:      Scott Long <scott_long@btc.adaptec.com>
To:        Dag-Erling Smorgrav <des@ofug.org>
Cc:        Michael Nottebrock <michaelnottebrock@gmx.net>, freebsd-current <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: buildworld failure in libfetch

Ok, I finally feel the need to speak up here.

DES,

FREEFALL CVS IS NOT THE PLACE TO PUT EXPERIMENTAL CODE THAT BREAKS WORLD!
PERIOD!

Don't give me any crap about "It's -current, you should expect breakage."
You are abusing this disclaimer far more than it was ever meant for.
Breaking world used to be a very humiliating event for committers.  You,
however, break it on a consistent basis.  What the F*CK?  Yes, others
have broken world before you, and others will break it after you, but
you are abusing the standards of the project.

You know how to use branches in P4, and you know how to type
	cd /usr/src; make world

What is so hard about doing this?  Yes, it will slow down your ability
to commit.  Oh well.  FreeBSD is about quality, and quality starts
with code that builds.

DES, you are hindering others who are trying to do work in -current.
Most other committers make world before committing their stuff, and
your disrespect to them is insulting and wastes time.

Scott