Date:      Wed, 05 Aug 1998 14:20:50 +0000
From:      "Kaleb S. KEITHLEY" <kaleb@ics.com>
To:        "Daniel O'Connor" <doconnor@gsoft.com.au>, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Threaded X libs..

Daniel O'Connor wrote:

> > > Hmm.. worked for me quite easily, I just added the following lines to the w
> > ork/
> > > #define ThreadsLibraries        -pthread
> > I don't believe you.  8-).
> Hah.. man pthread for you :)
> At least on -current anyway.. Checking a -stable machine reveals that gcc
> hasn't been patched for it :)
>
> OK, so change it to -lc_r on -stable..

One more reason why threads support is not on in The Open Group (and
probably XFree86) sources.

And yes, I believe I already knew what to add to the FreeBSD.cf file to
enable threads. Something about having worked at the X Consortium for
three-and-a-half years. I dunno. My system is on 3.0SNAP-980301 or
something close to that, and as I said, threads don't work, and I
haven't spent any time figuring out whay.

Speaking of 3.0 SNAPS, what's a "good" one out of what's available on
current.freebsd.org? Last time I took what was on ftp.cdrom.com and got
burned.

--
Kaleb