Date:      Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:19:34 +0300
From:      Alexey Zelkin <ph@sunbay-software.com>
To:        guram@parliament.ge (Guram Mosashvili)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Java->Netscape->FreeBSD

Hi !

> We have installed Netscape-3.04 FreeBSD-2.2.2, but unfortunately
> browser does not recornized the Java applets.
> We will appreciate it if someone skillful in FreeBSD and
> Netscape helps us.

I could not run java applets with NN3, because of unspecified
Java classes path. Your installation should contain
file "java30" or something about that. Before starting netscape
just set environment variable CLASSPATH with value of directory
where "java30" file is located.

Try:

# cd /usr/local/netscape
# mv netscape netscape.bin
# echo "export CLASSHPATH=/usr/local/netscape" >> netscape
# echo "exec /usr/local/netscape/netscape.bin" >> netscape
# chmod +x netscape
# ln -s /usr/local/netscape/netscape /usr/X11R6/bin/netscape

As I remember it is enough.

---

SY,
Alexey