Date:      Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:20:32 +0200
From:      Bernhard Valenti <bernhard.valenti@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: problem with ipfilter and todays -stable

On 9/28/2004 7:08 PM, Greg White wrote:
> Not as of Sept. 15th, for sure, and I've not seen any other list
> traffic on the subject, either here or on the ipfilter list. I
> re-cvsup'd the morning of the 16th with the 15th's code and
> buildworld/installworld-ed, hoping that the reason noone had said
> anything was that the problem had been fixed. Same oddity with ipf -V
> output being version mangled, and same lack of functioning icmp echo.

so can anyone fix this or comment on? i mean, there must be some sort of
maintainer for ipfilter on RELENG_4. if not, someone should make a note
in UPDATING that ipfilter is broken in some respects and unmaintained.
its not that i want to bitch, cause i know everyone working on his/her
spare time on freebsd, but having a broken ipfilter for >1month on
freebsd's stable branch is not something i'm used to.

regards, bernhard