Date:      Sun, 17 Aug 1997 13:14:44 -0400
From:      John Szumowski <harpo@javanet.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   status of ISA Advansys driver?

I'm looking to buy a fairly inexpensive ISA bus-mastering SCSI-II
card-the Adaptec 1542 is appealing, but a little pricy for an ISA
system.

I've seen the Siig i540 at Computer City. From news and mailing list
research that I've done, it *appears* that the card is really an
Advansys.

Finding many decent (non PIO, busmastering + bios) ISA SCSI cards has
been a bit of a challenge. ;-) I've looked around for Buslogic ISA
cards, but haven't been able to find any.

If anyone has any comments about the Advansys support (I have the 2.2.2
cdroms) as well as info about where a decent ISA card can be had, I'd
much appreciate hearing from you.

TIA,
John Szumowski