Date:      Fri, 07 Jun 1996 22:40:28 -0700
From:      David Greenman <davidg@Root.COM>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
Cc:        hackers@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Hackers), freebsd-stable@freebsd.org (FreeBSD Stable Users), FreeBSD-current@freebsd.org (FreeBSD current users)
Subject:   Re: The -stable problem: my view

>> We need a new model. One that keeps the quality high and one
>> that doesn't prevent me from doing new development.
>
>Do you have any suggestions?  Would creating a new 'stable' tree today
>be even remotely acceptable?

   I think that's an interesting idea, but lets allow the issue to get a fair
airing (at least a week or two) before taking any steps in this direction.
   We really need to kill this thread: I had 800 emails in my inbox today, and
this is about twice the usual amount. I can't deal with this much email; I've
been sitting here for the past 5 hours reading it all and I'm getting really
sick of it.

-DG

David Greenman