Date:      Mon, 1 Feb 1999 10:38:45 -0600
From:      CyrC@hurlburt.af.mil
To:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Changing existing IP address

I am having a problem with changing the existing IP address to a 3.0
machine.

I do not know all of the files I need to change regarding this. I have not
changed the hostname, just the IP.
When the system boots up, it hangs for around a minute while bringing up the
sendmail daemon, but then continues to boot. The  proper hostname shows up
on the login banner, and it is correct in the hosts file. After I login, I
can ping the new IP, the loopback, but it does not recognize anything else
on the same network.  Are there any utilities, I can use on this box that
can tell me what's going on? I think it might be a route problem. But even
without a default route, the system should still see another machine on the
same network/subet, right?

Chris Cyr