Date:      Tue, 8 Jan 2002 02:40:02 -0800 (PST)
From:      Willow <willow@ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-bugs@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: kern/33662: linux applications execution causes reboot

The following reply was made to PR kern/33662; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Willow <willow@ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp>
To: freebsd-gnats-submit@FreeBSD.org
Cc: willow@ht.sfc.keio.ac.jp
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2002 19:32:23 +0900 (JST)

 Follow up to Problem Report kern/33662...

 I thought about reinstalling the linux_base62, and
 when I came upon the install phase...

 > fault virtual address	  = 0x20
 > fault code		  = supervisor read, page not present
 > instruction pointer	  = 0x8:0xccca6583
 > stack pointer		  = 0x10:0xd9814d74
 > frame pointer		  = 0x10:0xd9814d80
 > code segment		  = base 0x0, limit 0xfffff, type 0x1b
 > 			  = DPL 0, pres 1, def32 1, gran 1
 > processor eflags	  = interrupt enabled, resume, IOPL=0
 > current process	  = 288 (make)
 > interrupt mask	  = none
 > trap number		  = 12
 > panic: page fault

 a page fault...maybe this the thief behind those reboots.

 Also, I was skimming through other bug reports, when I came upon:

 > Problem Report kern/32353
 > if kern.maxproc > 512 sybase ASE 11.9.2(linux binary) exits on signal 11

 I haven't had any signal 11s so far, but my kern.maxproc IS 1988,
 which is over 512. I doubt this is what is causing the reboots, however.

 I'll just post my sysctl parameters, just in case:

 my sysctl values:
 > kern.maxusers: 123 (128 in KERNEL)
 > kern.maxfilesperproc: 3578
 > kern.maxprocperuid: 1789