Date:      Fri, 18 Jan 2013 11:50:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Bryan Venteicher <bryanv@daemoninthecloset.org>
To:        Ivan Voras <ivoras@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VMware vmxnet2 driver

----- Original Message -----

It is typically no better than em (*) - but better in certain cases with
TSO. The official driver didn't compile on HEAD and I couldn't bring
myself to spend the time to fix it. I'll look into it this weekend and do
an initial comparison.

A vmxnet3 driver would be far more useful to have in the tree.

* I'm running ESXi nested in VMware Fusion but I don't think that would
explain the discrepancy.