Date:      Sun, 27 Jan 2008 06:41:26 +0100
From:      Huub <huubvanniekerk@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: error while updating ports: x11/xorg-libraries

> Hmm, how did you end up with 7.2 installed, with the old /usr/X11R6 dir?
> I thought that went away in the transition from 6.9 to 7.2...

So it apparently should be..

> Anyhow, following Kris' instructions in UPDATING should see you through
> the upgrade OK. I did it quite painlessly on a few machines, although
> others did report difficulties. If it comes to it, you can uninstall
> all your X-related ports and do a clean install of Xorg 7.3 - it'll
> take a while, but it will get the job done.

According to the instructions:

  Unfortunately portupgrade (nor portupgrade-devel) cannot yet handle
   the rigors of the xorg upgrade without a small bit of help:

   # portupgrade -Rf libXft

results in:

** Listing the failed packages (*:skipped / !:failed)
         * x11/xorg-libraries (xorg-libraries-7.2_1)
--->  Packages processed: 112 done, 47 ignored, 1 skipped and 0 failed

So I guess I'm gonna do a clean install of all of X....but can you tell
me which packages I should remove exactly?