Date:      Tue, 27 Aug 1996 20:11:14 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gdi.uoregon.edu>
To:        Darius Ramanauskas <dara@alpha.kada.lt>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org, freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Help, SENDMAIL or somethink is buggy?!?

On Tue, 27 Aug 1996, Darius Ramanauskas wrote:

> I or someone from my users can not send mail to one host UNECE.ORG.
> The response from sendmail is:

>     **      THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY      **
>     **  YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE  **
>
> The original message was received at Mon, 12 Aug 1996 09:48:27 +0300
> (EET DST) from [193.219.211.124]
>
>    ----- The following addresses have delivery notifications -----
> <vilius.pogozhelskis@unece.org>  (transient failure)

> 451 <vilius.pogozhelskis@unece.org>... reply: read error from
> gatekeeper.unicc.org. <vilius.pogozhelskis@unece.org>... Deferred:
> Connection reset by peer during client HELO with gatekeeper.unicc.org.
> Warning: message still undelivered after 4 hours Will keep trying
> until message is 5 days old

For some reason, your machine and gatekeeper..unicc.org don't like each
other.  Basically, it's hanging up on you.  Check with their sysadmin and
see if you're locked out or something.

Can you telnet or ping this host successfully?

> In sendmail.cf I have added multihost support.

It may be rejecting you on this because you reverse-nameserve to a
different address.